Sunday, February 04, 2007

Get Slightly Famous

How To Get Slightly Famous in Print
by Steven Van Yoder

Early in my career, I wrote an article for a small business magazine about self-publishing as a marketing tool for businesses. Because I specialize in helping businesses get into print, the article only took a few hours to write. A few months later it was published. Almost immediately, my phone began to ring and my email box filled up with inquires.

Visibility + Competence + Word of Mouth = REPUTATION

Getting Slightly Famous in print media means reaching a larger audience, rather than relying entirely on human contact. After all, there is only one physical you. No matter how much you network, get around, or attend meetings, YOU can only go so far.

http://www.mindtools.com/pages/Newsletters/29July04.htm

No comments: